POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [docu] image map properties : [docu] image map properties Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  [docu] image map properties
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 24 Jan 2004 10:48:39
Message: <401293d6@news.povray.org>
Either I just cannot find it in the docu or it is not there.

povdoc_206.html states for image_map:

IMAGE_MAP:
    pigment
    {
        image_map
        {
            [BITMAP_TYPE] "bitmap[.ext]"
            [IMAGE_MAP_MODS...]
        }
        [PIGMENT_MODFIERS...]
    }
BITMAP_TYPE:
    gif | tga | iff | ppm | pgm | png | jpeg | tiff | sys
IMAGE_MAP_MOD:
    map_type Type | once | interpolate Type |
    filter Palette, Amount | filter all Amount |
    transmit Palette, Amount | transmit all Amount

The following IMAGE_MAP_MODs are recognized by POVRay and not mentioned
in the docu:

    repeat <u,v>
    offset <u,v>

I suggest adding them to the docu together with some explanation on
what they are good for.

Wolfgang